- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.
John C. Maxwell
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams
- Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
- Ultimately, leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It’s about keeping your team focused on a goal and motivated to do their best to achieve it, especially when the stakes are high and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the groundwork for others’ success, and then standing back and letting them shine.
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
- A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.
Arnold H. Glasow
- I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great
- It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
- A leader is a dealer in hope.